The N-Squared Service Daemon (N2SVCD) is a general purpose framework providing the run-time message-passing service and protocol interfaces for various different N-Squared solutions, including:
- N2INT – The N-Squared IN Tester.
- N2SRP – The N-Squared INAP-Controlled IVR.
- N2AS – The N-Squared SIP Application Server.
- N2DSG – The N-Squared Diameter/Signalling Gateway.
- N2UGW – The N-Squared USSD Gateway.
- N2PI+ – The N-Squared PI+ (a “swiss-army-knife” scripting toolbox for Telco Provisioning Services).
This Technical Guide describes the installation and configuration of the N-Squared N2SVCD
Service Dameon and base components in the
n2svcd package. Most real-world installations will
install other software packages on top of these base components. Refer to the separate product
documentation for installation instructions for those packages.
The N2SVCD consists of a message-passing layer, and an extensible component framework, which is used to implement N2SVCD “Applications”. Several utility applications are included in the base package.
There are two applications which exist purely for system administration purposes:
- WatchdogApp - Start/Restart/Shutdown/Heartbeat other applications. This is a mandatory application.
- ManageApp - View and configure running applications. This is not mandatory, but is recommended.
n2svcd package also includes the following utility applications. Note that your license
may not necessarily grant the use of all of these applications. Refer to your specific license
agreement to determine which protocols are in-scope for your deployment.
- SigtranApp - Agent for delivery of TCAP over SIGTRAN (SUA, M3UA, Loopback).
- DiameterApp - Agent for sending DIAMETER requests to DIAMETER servers.
- SMPPApp - Agent for sending/receiving SMPP requests (both Client and Server modes).
- DBApp - Agent for sending asynchronous Database requests (DBI & Mongo).
- RestServerApp - Agent for handling inbound REST Requests.
- SoapServerApp - Agent for handling inbound SOAP Requests.
- RestClientApp - Agent for sending outbound REST Requests.
- SoapClientApp - Agent for sending outbound SOAP Requests.
The following utility applications perform integration with OC3C/OCNCC nodes using proprietary protocols.
- FoxApp - Agent for sending requests to OCNCC VWS nodes using the proprietary FOX protocol.
- MMLClientApp - Agent for sending outbound MML Requests in NCC PI format.
The TesterApp is licensed component with the N2INT product. It uses the utility applications to implement complex testing services:
- TesterApp - Executes JSON-format test operation sequences created by the IN Tester GUI.
The LogicApp is a licensed component with the N2DSG, N2SIP, and N2UGW products. They also uses the utility applications.
- LogicApp - Executes Lua scripts.
The Lua Scripts executed by the logic app are initiated by the receipt of an inbound message. The Lua script must be bootstrapped by one of the Lua Service Libraries. A Lua script may initiate outbound interactions by using one of the Lua Agents.
TesterApp JSON-RPC Interface
This Technical Guide also contains the detailed Specification for the JSON-RPC Test Execution Interface provided by the TesterApp. The JSON-RPC Test Management interface is how the IN Tester GUI initiates test execution requests and queries in-progress test executions. External agents may use this interface to perform their own test execution directly, bypassing the IN Tester GUI.