Multi-Protocol Number Translation
The N-Squared Simple Number Services product is a multi-protocol solution for number treatment services which do not require ongoing call control. It is specifically for:
- Number Portability (Lookup & Response)
- Number Portability (Message Forwarding)
- Number Screening
- Number Translation
Supported protocols include:
- MAP ATI/SRI/SRI-SM (Lookup/Response)
- MAP ATI/SRI/SRI-SM (Transfer/Redirect)
User & Technical Guide
- N2SNS Technical Guide (HTML Online) [Run-Time Deployment]
- N2SVCD Technical Guide (HTML Online) [Run-Time Framework]
- All-Product Alarm Guide (HTML Online) [Alarms & Statistics]
Protocol Conformance Statements
- N2SCP CAMEL/INAP Conformance (PDF Download)
- N2SIP SIP-SDP-RTP Conformance (PDF Download)
- N2SVCD SIGTRAN-TCAP Conformance (PDF Download)
Number normalisation can be customized for each site using free-form string manipulation logic, written in the Lua Scripting Language - a lightweight, high-level, multi-paradigm programming language designed specifically for embedded use in applications such as this one.
The N2SNS number lookup script may read information from the provided Number Portability database structure, which is typically installed as a co-located database copy for maximum availability and minimum response time.
The N-Squared Simple Number Services platform is suitable for any operator looking to perform number porting or number screening either for a single protocol, or in a mixed-protocol environment, using any combination of INAP/CAP, SIP, MAP, and/or ENUM protocol(s).
The solution is laterally scalable with N+1 deployment for High-Availability, Geographic Redundancy, and to support increased traffic growth.
N2SNS has Administration GUIs for number management and operator configuration. A REST API is provided for automated provisioning from an external master source.
Standard Operational features include Alarms, Statistics, and Event Data Records.
The SNS service generates Event Data Records for the relevant protocol(s) including:
- SIP EDRs describing the lookup interaction.
- INAP/CAMEL EDRs describing the lookup interaction.
- MAP EDRs describing the lookup interaction.
- ENUM EDRs describing the lookup interaction.
- Supplementary (optional) custom service EDRs describing the service flow.
The N2SNS is built on the N2SVCD framework. The following diagram shows the N2SVCD components which are relevant to a multi-protocol N2SNS deployment: