This Technical Guide describes the installation and configuration of the N-Squared N2SVCD Service Dameon. The N-Squared Service Daemon is a general purpose package providing the run-time service for various different N-Squared solutions.
The N2SVCD consists of a message-passing layer, and an extensible Application framework, which is used by the individual N2SVCD Application Components.
The primary applications are "Controller Applications" which implement value-added services:
- TesterApp - Run-time service component for executing the test scripts created by the IN Tester GUI.
- PIPlusApp - Implements the "PI Plus" server, accepts MML/JSON/SOAP requests and triggers LUA execution.
- LuaApp - Executes LUA scripts to implement Provisioning Services on behalf of the PIPlusApp.
- ScriptApp - General-purpose service component which can run simple scripts simulating an INAP SCP node.
- SrpApp - Implements SIP/INAP interaction comprising the N-Squared "Specialized Resource Platform" product.
- ManageApp - Monitors running status of the N2SVCD service and contained applications.
Other Applications are "Helper Applications", client interfaces to external server interfaces for a particular protocol. Examples are:
- SigtranApp - Helper agent for SIGTRAN (SUA, M3UA, Loopback) routing.
- OSDApp - Helper agent for sending SOAP requests to the OCNCC OSD service.
- PIApp - Helper agent for sending requests in the MML protocol variant used by the OCNCC PI.
- DiameterApp - Helper agent for sending DIAMETER requests to DIAMETER servers.
- FoxApp - Helper agent for sending requests to OCNCC VWS nodes using the OCNCC proprietary FOX protocol.
- DBApp - Helper agent for sending asynchronous Database requests.
The configuration for each of these Application Components is described here (see the relevant item under the N2SVCD Config menu). Note that SIGTRAN is currently implemented as a built-in component, rather than a separate application.
For convenience, the
n2svcd package installs all N2SVCD component applications and protocols. However,
the the use of any individual component is restricted by the particular N-Squared solution(s) which is/are
licenced for use at your site. The following list indicates the N2SVCD components which are typically licenced
by each solution.
N-Squared IN Tester (A web-based GUI for executing feature-rich, cross-protcol network test scenarios)
Components: SigtranApp, ManageApp, TesterApp, DBApp, DiameterApp, PIApp, OSDApp
N-Squared PI Plus (An extensible LUA-scripted network provisioning interface)
Components: ManageApp, PIPlusApp, LuaApp, DBApp, DiameterApp, FoxApp, PIApp, OSDApp
N-Squared SIP SRP (A GUI-managed SIP/RTP-based Specialized Resource Platform with INAP control)
Components: SigtranApp, ManageApp, SrpApp
Please check your licence agreement to determine exactly which components are enabled by your site licence.
TesterApp JSON-RPC Interface
This Technical Guide also contains the detailed Specification for the JSON-RPC Test Execution Interface provided by the TesterApp. The JSON-RPC Test Management interface is how the IN Tester GUI initiates test execution requests and queries in-progress test executions. External agents may use this interface to perform their own test execution directly, bypassing the IN Tester GUI.