The N-Squared (N2) OCNCC Logic Node is a Control Plan Editor node that allows you to use Lua within a control plan to do... whatever you want!
Built with the official NCC SDK and the massively popular embedded scripting language Lua, the N2 Logic Node has been designed specifically for expert Control Plan users needing to create complex business-logic processing which ventures beyond the bounds of the out-of-the-box Oracle Network Charging and Control (NCC) macro nodes.
With this node integrated into your control plans, you have a fast, effective, and maintainable way to provide call control and specific, custom business logic for your NCC platform. All the normal features of Lua are supported - from normal operators and functions to I/O and globals - and a full API is provided to access and manipulate the NCC runtime environment. Additionally, since Lua is interpreted, you can maintain and alter your scripts and libraries and see immediate effects - no need for control plan recompilation or SLEE restarts.
The N2 Logic node harnesses the power of Lua to provide a flexbile framework to base your control plan logic on:
- Lua operations: numeric, string, byte, and bitwise manipulation
- Lua logic and control: if, then, else, for, while, and, or, not, and so on
- Code documention and transparency
- Full freedom to create or use custom libraries
Additionally, several different Logic Node feature packs are available, depending on your licensing and requirements.
Base Features Pack
The Base Features Pack includes everything you need to clean up your out-of-control plans with powerful, simple commands, such as:
- Read and write ACS/CCS engine fields: everything from the common (called party digits or NOA) to the esoteric (BCSM code? VWS wallet ID?)
- Read and write profile tags and prefix trees: any profile, any tag, any value
- Exit branch selection: full control over the branch taken, based on any logic you can think of
- Raise alarms and print specific debug: notify your NOC of important issues, or just dump diagnostic information to a logfile based on whatever criteria you require
Wallet Access Features Pack
Gain direct access to low-level NCC VWS operations for your subscriber's wallet:
- Get Wallet (fetch and examine current subscriber's wallet ID, wallet type, and product type)
- Wallet Info (fetch and examine wallet attributes, including balances)
- Extended Wallet Info (fetch and examine wallet attributes, including balances and buckets)
- Wallet Update (modify wallet state, last use, or activation date)
- Extended Wallet Update (modify wallet state, last use, or activation date, and balance/bucket data)
- Periodic Charge Subscription API (a Lua library which enables periodic charge management)
- CCS ID To Name Mappings (wallet type, balance type, product, unit, currency, ACS customer, etc)
The N2 Logic Node consists of two main components:
- Database entries to allow the node to be used within the Control Plan Editor
- A precompiled library that is loaded by the SLEE at startup to provide the node runtime
Feature packs will provide associated Lua modules on each SLC.
From those base components, it is entirely up to you and your imagination. Include any Lua scripts or libraries you require, and alter them - and your runtime scripts - without recompilation or restarts.